Our physicians operate under two separate entities:
- Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates (RMIA) tax ID: 41-1924195
- Infertility Laboratory and Surgery Center (ILSC) tax ID: 41-1939941
As a courtesy to potential and current patients, RMIA verifies eligibility and benefits coverage in order to estimate potential financial responsibility for treatment. Although RMIA provides this service, RMIA strongly encourages all patients to directly verify coverage with their insurance company for all services being performed.* Insurance claims will be submitted for all insurance plans for both corporations.
Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates (RMIA)
All services including diagnostic testing, monitoring (labs and ultrasounds), pregnancy tests, and inseminations are billed by this corporation. Payment is due in full at the time of service unless the patient is covered by the following health care insurance carriers with whom RMIA participates:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN
- Preferred One
- Health Partners
- United Healthcare
- Most Cigna plans
Co-payments are due at the time of service. Patients will receive a monthly statement once claims are processed and if there is a patient responsibility.
Patients without insurance coverage are required to provide a credit card to secure services and treatment. Payment is collected in full for initial visit and a retainer is collected for any follow up visits, testing, or Non-IVF treatment procedures. These costs will be communicated by the Business Office at the time of your initial consultation with an RMIA physician.
Infertility Laboratory and Surgical Center (ILSC)
All Andrology, IVF, FET and related services take place at and are billed under our surgical center. Our surgical center is out of network with most insurance plans. Payment for services provided by ILSC is due in full at the time of service.
Although rare, some insurance offers IVF treatment benefits, either in the form a lifetime maximum dollar amount, or a cycle limit. ILSC is out of network for IVF services with all insurance plans. Covered benefits billed at an out-of-network level may have the following impact:
- Higher deductible and higher co-insurance
- May not have any out of network benefits
- Usual and customary (insurance determines the “allowed amount” and the patient is financially responsible for everything above this amount)
* Benefits quoted at the time of verification cannot be guaranteed until a claim is submitted. Additionally, there may be exclusions on the plan that may prevent the patient from accessing their benefits. Please keep in mind that insurance benefits may change.